Wow...another one of my kids is getting closer to being an adult! It still seems surreal to me. But I have to admit I like having an adult child....and in a year two of them!. I do miss when they were little too! I loved when they needed me...now they need me for different reasons! I have loved every stage in their lives.
Savannah is our AWESOME star! She makes everything fun. She is a great daughter and friend. Everyone knows she is there for them! She is very loving and leads with her heart! We are proud to call her our daughter! We can't believe she is now 17!
The beginnings of our STAR! 5 years old- Good Ship Lollipop and 6 years old Baby Bumble Bee Dance Recitals.

Singing to her
She was so happy to have blown out all 17 in one breath!!
It seems like just recently I turned the big "40", yet now it has been a year already! Having many more grey hairs now and when I asked Savannah to help pluck one, she asked if I was ever going to dye my hair to cover them. So far, I haven't gotten to the point that I want to...so we shall see. It doesn't upset me that I am getting older....just seems so weird that I am.
I had a great birthday day too! Makenzye had breakfast ready for me after I dropped off other 3 to school. I got so many wonderful birthday messages from my FB family, was taken out to lunch, my nieces in Missouri called and sang to me, phone calls from loved ones and dinner and Just Dance with a great friend. It was a great day...so glad when I have those days, because so many days can get so crazy, simple things make me happy!! (I will be getting my "gift" sometime next month, can't wait) Just Tim and I got to go out the day before and Savannah and I went out to celebrate together the day before that! I love sharing a birthday week with her...I loved growing up having my birthday the day after my Dad's, which brings me to my....
Dad's surprise 70th Birthday Party!
For a month before, I emailed or called his friends he has had for many years(and still are today) and his in-laws and nieces and nephews and asked them to help. (My brother Scott's and his wife's idea) They were asked to write a bithday wish and or favorite memory of him. Many were very willing to help and some pictures were sent. We told them that we would be putting them all in a book for him to give to him at his party. He loved it. I made it through shutterfly. Of course, all 5 kids and most of the grandkids, (he has 17-some to little to write), contributed to it, and of course my mom too! I love the way it came out and he loved it and was very surprised too. Just a great week of birthdays!!!!!
Dad and Steve with the cake after he blew out the candles!
The front of his book...
and the back!
My sister Deirdre and her family
My family and I (Makenzye had to work)
My brother Scott and his family! They were not able to make it. They live in MO. We sure did miss them.
My brother Steve and his family!
My brother Shaun and I (no pic of him with Dad)
Dad with his deceased brother's wife, Kitty.
Great family friends, Bob and Marlene.
My wonderful parents Arlene and Walter!
This is how the kids kept busy, besides eating all the good food!
Playing CLUE!
They were laughing so hard as Addison bounced them!
Lots of time spent on the trampoline! One of them would roll back and forth while the rest of them would jump over them! Crazy!
All are mesmerized by Savannah's game playing skills!
Family traditon of card games..."May I". This is when Lynnley and I slipped out to get a pedicure, her treat for my birthday!
Video games!

February 17, 2011
Birthdays!
Posted by Deb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So much to celebrate!! Happy Birthday to you all!! Loved the book for your dad!
Birthdays are such fun! Those pictures of Savannah when she was 5 & 6 - that's the Savannah I remember! :)
Oh and the Roadshow is back this year and we are SO MISSING Tim right now! :)
Post a Comment