It is a bitter sweet feeling to know that our last child has now been baptized. It was a wonderful day and Josie was so excited and not nervous at all. She knew what she wanted and what she needed to do, because Jesus Christ set the example for her to follow. Right after she came out of the water, she had the BIGGEST smile on her face! She kept saying while I helped her change, " I am now baptized" with such excitement and joy. It was very difficult to help her change because she kept jumping. Plus, she wanted to go watch Addison and her cousins sing!! It was the BEST!!!
Savannah took these to get a picture for the invitation:

The picture for the invitation was chosen by Josie. The program format of who does what, what songs we sung, were all chosen by Josie. I had lots of fun making the invite and the program!
Back and Front
Inside
The table as you walk in...I made the I Am a Child of God frame. She made the CTR block at an Girls Activity Day. This dress was given to me by an awesome friend. Her daughter wore it at her baptism (she is now 23), and Makenzye and Savannah wore it too!
The dress that she was baptized in was made by my sister in law, Anaise. She and my brother live in Missouri and are expecting another child is pregnant so they could not make it. :( She made it for Makenzye over 10 years ago. Savannah and her daughters; Emily, Megan and Sandy have also wore it. Her daughter Julie will wear it in January, and Alyssa and Heidi will follow. :)
I LOVE this picture! I remember thinking at Addison's baptism, when Josie was a baby, what ages Makenzye, Savannah and Addison would be at Josie's baptism. Weird that it has now happened.
Sisters
Addison, Kyler, and Jacob sang Josie's favorite songs as the musical number..."I Lived in Heaven" and I Know That My Savior Loves Me". During the song...Camden and Rawlings went up too! So cute! They wanted to stand with their brothers!
Uncle Steve, Aunt Lynnley, Kyler, Jacob, Camden and Rawlings
Uncle Shaun
Grandpa and Grammie Robertson
Marianne made the clip in her hair and took pictures for us!
Kevin, Marianne and Kyle
Emma (Marianne's Niece)
Lindsay
Sister Rall (her substitute teacher)
Jordan, Meredith, and Evan
Primary President: Sister Kelly
First Sunday on the way to church as a member of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints", with her new scripture bag!
Bears she got to keep from the Baptism Talk by Aunt Lynnley. Savannah gave the Holy Ghost talk and of course used a Disney story as an example, Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket.
A Prayer Rug she received and put on the floor next to her bed.
October 8, 2011
Josie was baptized!!
Posted by Deb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Congratulations to Josie! What a special day! You look so beautiful and happy. :)
Post a Comment