"The Beatles Go to the Movies"
This was such a great show! They sang songs from the 5 films The Beatles made..."A Hard Days Night", "Help", "Yellow Submarine", "Magical Mystery Tour"and "Let it Be". The directors on the large screen would intoduce each movie before the set of songs. You learned about The Beatles and listened to the students perform the songs. Several singers, guitarist, bass players, drummers, background singers, and more were switching after each song. A lot of talent! Addison loves being in MMET at APA! It has proven to be a great thing for him.
Addison opened the show singing "A Hard Days Night" then played guitar on the next two songs..."I Should Have Known Better " and "Can't Buy Me Love "!
I love action shots...he was shaking his head!!!
Playing the guitar for the other two songs and singers!
Backstage with one of the directors
Fun backstage Poses!






A few reasons why I cried with such joy and happiness as soon as the lights went on and Addison started to sing:
1. Plain and simple, he is our son and we are so proud of him!
2. I knew how excited Tim was to see Addison as a Beatle!
3."A Hard Days Night" was the first Beatle song he performed at Beatlefest(a convention for Beatlefans) when he was 3 years old...and then again with The Beatless and Tim the next month at New Year's Eve Party, 2000!
4. Josie was on my lap, loving that her brother was up there so much, that when he did the famous scream and head shaking before the guitar solo, she kept screaming through the solo, "That's my brother"!! and screaming with her piercing scream for him. I thought I was controlling my crying, until she did that!
Just remembered a cool fact....Josie was screaming at this performance and Tim's brother Mick was screaming "That's my nephew" at Beatlefest!!!
Here are the pictures of Beatlefest! Still working on getting the videos ready for posting together!
This is the tryouts before you can perform on the big main stage.
Being introduced before they sing!
Bringing everyone up on stage after all the performances....Addison was named the Beatlefan of the new millenium!
and everyone joined in to sing..."Twist and Shout"!
February 26, 2011
Addison was...A BEATLE!!!!!
Posted by Deb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment