Things have been so crazy as you might have guessed with no posting from me in awhile. Will play catch up later with pictures.
Josie and Makenzye have had some medical issues. They both appear to have a form of arthritis in their knees. We are waiting for an appointment for Makenzye to talk to the doctors after a Xray and MRI of her knee. Josie has her MRI scheduled for this week to accompany the Xray she already had.
This has been on going for Josie for 3 years now and finally getting some answers. They first thought it was just growing pains. Makenzye has been going on even longer. She has growing pains a lot at Josie's age and older. Keep getting misdiagnosed as an injury that needed time to heal. To much activity or lack of it can cause the pain. Hence why it can be misdiagnosed.They have said Osteoarithritis for Makenzye and Osteochondritis Dissecans for Josie. Im still learning about them both and you can click on them to learn more. Will keep you updated. Looking at the MRI which will show the joints and cartlidge to see if there is damage before we go one with a treatment. The good thing about Josie being so young is that it can be taken care of much easier and without surgery. Makenzye is another story.
I have started working two or three days a week (Thur Fri and every other Sat), 12 hour shifts. I help take care of a 94 year old women. I stay there at her home and help her with what ever she needs. She still walks, with a walker and her mind is still there. It is taking some adjusting, with my family, and with her and I finding our common ground and understanding.Plus, dealing with the fact that this is my first job outside the home since I was married. Actually, I have worked for the school district as a noon time aide before Josie was born and not I am a substitute for the school district as an Food Service Worker. But those jobs were only 2 1/2 hours a day during school time when the kids were in school anyways.
We finally were able to give Savannah her "Sweet 16" birthday party.( She turned 16 in January!) Will post about that later. Mick and Rita helped and actually did most of it at their house. Thanks for being so patient Savannah!
Josie was going to play soccer but now can not because the doctor put her on 6 weeks no physical activity, sports or jumping or climbing. She can not play at school on the playground and can do no running or skipping...absolutely NOTHING! For any 7 year old this would be hard, but for Josie even worse. She is very active and hates to sit still. She went to her first soccer games today and cheered for her team. I also made the banner for her team which keep me busy too. I have played tons of games of uno, letting her play more video games, and anything else we can find for her to do to try and keep her mind off of not moving. So, yes, the bike she got and loved for her recent birthday she can not ride!
I have had some medical issues too, that I am working on. Making myself healthier.
Add all this in with all the regular Mom and church stuff, Aghhh!!!!! Hopefully will get to posting pictures soon!
Depite all of the going on, we had a great summer and we are all looking forward to a great school year!
September 11, 2010
Craziness
Posted by Deb
Labels: medical
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Those are serious diagnoses for Makenzye and Josie!
And you have my undying sympathy for having to keep a small child physically inactive.
Sending good thoughts your way!
You're awesome!!! I so admire your positive attitude towards everything! I'm sure it is such a blessing to your family as they deal with life.
Post a Comment