has it really been that long since I have blogged?
Last night, we had a wonderful FHE.(Mondays can be crazy so we mostly have it on Sunday nights.) Tim had everyone pick their 2 favorite church songs...one hymn and one primary! Then we each told why they are favorites! Then we sang each song...there were some repeats so...we sang them only once, but sang all verses! It was wonderful singing with Tim and the kids. It brought so mush joy and happiness into my heart.
It just reminds me how important music is to me. It is a another way to praise our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. The words can be so powerful and be a testimony to what we believe in. We talked about how the words to many of the primary songs can be your testimony to a non-member if your not sure what to say when they ask you what you believe. I know so many songs have brought me comfort when times are tough. The words and music are so inspiring and just reading the words can do wanders for the soul. There is always singing or music going on in our home...which I love...but last night was wonderful! We all sat down at the table at dinner and had nice conversations. It does not happen enough with everyone's schedules during the week.
The favorites that night! ( Mine can change depending on what I need to hear)
Hymns
Because I Have Been Given Much x3
I Believe in Christ
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
I Am a Child of God
Primary
Popcorn Popping
Once There Was A Snowman
Bring the World His Truth
My Heavenly Father Loves Me
I Lived in Heaven
The Church of Jesus Christ
A new one I introduced with visuals: He Sent His Son
June 7, 2010
Wow!
Posted by Deb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment