May 24, 2009

"Oh the Things You Can Think" and TYP!

TYP stands for Theatrical Youth Players. They perform at schools to encourage reading. It was written by, one of the performers, from various Dr. Seuss stories, and made into a musical. Savannah and Addison have been performing with them for about 2 months. They had to audition to be in it. They have several performers and rotate the roles for each performance. Savannah has been in 3 as Cindy Lou Who and Addison in 3 as Jojo. Even autographs have been asked for at some. What is so wonderful about this group is that the performers are paid for each performance they are in. This past one was the first one I could attend and get a picture of them. Tim has taped 2 others while I taped this one. They both love performing so much. They can have it...I love to watch them, but don't enjoy it for myself.. .they definitely get performing from their dad!

Horton the Elephant-Cindy Lou Who-Cat in the Hat-Jojo(young boy)-Gertrude(bird)

0 comments: